From:
Randy Brukardt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Brukardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:23:02 -0500
Phil said:

> (One advantage of keeping certificates current is the public
> reporting of results.
>  One disadvantage of the AdaIC's Certified Products List is that the
> pass-fail profiles
>  and Annex coverage are not provided.)

That's not quite true. For each processor listed in the CPL tested with ACVC
2.1 or ACATS 2.2, the full test report is also available on the web site. It
is true that there isn't a link (there is some feature of the database that
holds the CPL that makes providing a link hard to do), but you can take the
certificate number and look up the report.

The report includes the pass-fail profiles, annex coverage, test
modifications, and lots more information. Recent reports also the commands
to compile a sample test, so that an interested party can repeat a test if
interested. (I've used this information to insure that I was using the
correct options when using various compilers on proposed new tests, but it
can be useful to anyone interested in how the results were arrived at. It
isn't always the "obvious" way!)

                        Randy Brukardt
                        ACAA Technical Agent

                        (One of the services funded by the ARA).

P.S. (Perhaps we need a "brought to you by the ARA" tagline, so people don't
find the ARA so invisible???)