From:
Colin Paul Gloster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:19:25 +0200
Unfortunately today in news:comp.arch.embedded ,
news:[log in to unmask] appeared:

"MISRA is going to look at doing a MISRA C++

Is anyone interested in being on the panel?
They are looking for experienced industrial embedded C++ people rather
than standards lawyers.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will pass your details on to
the panel chairman. He was not silly enough to put his own e-mail
address up on this request :-)

The main team will be fairly small (we found it is the most efficient
way to get things done in the MISRA-C group) and preference will be
given to those working in high-integrity embedded C++

It is planned to be a two day meeting each month for about a year. This
is real work not a talking shop.  The meetings are likely to be at/near
MIRA on the A5 by Nuneaton (UK).

Yes it is UK based (as was MISRA-C) but I am sure that it will expand
out for the reviews and RFC's. On MISRA-C both the SAE and JSAE (among
others) were involved.

Before you ask why are they doing it... They are doing it because they
were asked to look at it by various parts of industry and other bodies
inside and outside the automotive world.  It appears there is a
practical need for it and not just in the automotive world.

Rants about MISRA, MISRA-C  MISRA-C++  etc to [log in to unmask] I don't
have time for them.

Regards
  Chris"