Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 01:21:15 EDT
[log in to unmask] quoted and then wrote:

>>The only forum we have for those of us who are Ada enthusiasts
>>with an interest in promoting Ada is Team-Ada.
>
>There is of course c.l.a. Although it's noisy, there are quite often some
>stimulating discussions (aka flame wars) on the benefits of Ada over
>C/C++/Java
>etc that tend to overflow into other newsgroups. Because of that, I
>personally
>see c.l.a and Usenet in general as a better forum for *promoting* Ada than
>Team-Ada.

I took the point to mean that Team Ada is a forum for those interested
in promoting Ada, not that it is forum in which to promote Ada.  There
is quite a difference.  As an avid Macintosh fan, I cannot stand things
like comp.sys.macintosh.advocacy, or whatever it is that matches the
spirit of that name.