Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 18:45:34 EST
[log in to unmask] quoted and then wrote:

>Many peoples have "u n s u b s c r i b e" (can't write it properly otherwise
>listserve reject my message) lately. We just can't avoid that :)
>
>But, do we know the reason ? Is there something wrong with this
>list ?

There may be nothing wrong with the list but something
wrong with their subscription, such as that it goes to
an email address that is about to be discontinued.

On the other hand, it may be someone whose main interest
is Ada technical advice, and they did not realize the
purpose of this list is a bit more centered on advocacy.

Some people also take a temporary interest in Ada that
is independent of choosing a programming language for
their own use.

Unfortunately if you chose to survey the would-be departing
participants, you would only reach the subset of them that
do it wrong and end up sending their message to the list :-)

Larry Kilgallen