David Botton <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 12:54:43 -0700
I would suggest looking at the following for Open
Software GUI solutions (none of these require
purchasing any additional products or lic.):

Modified GPL'd GUIs (only derived works become GPL'd)
-

* GtkAda - http://www.adapower.com/gtkada
Cross platform
includes a GUI builder

* TASH - http://tash.calspan.com/
Cross Platform
RAPID for GUI builder -
ftp://ftp.usafa.af.mil/pub/dfcs/carlisle/usafa/rapid/index.html

* Windex -
http://www.erols.com/leakstan/Stephe/Ada/windex.html
Win32 thick binding

* GWindows - http://www.adapower.com/gwindows
Win32 only - Supports ActiveX controls and works with
GNATCOM COM support - http://www.adapower.com/gnatcom
Alpha code

GPL (derived works and works using it must be GPL'd) -

* JEWL - http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je/jewl/
Win32 only - teaching framework

Some of your questions will be answered by trying the
above packages, some by looking at
http://www.adapower.com

There are of course other proprietary solutions that
have already been mentioned that are very reasonable
as well.

David Botton

http://invites.yahoo.com/