-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
INTETAIN 2008 - CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
2nd International Conference on
INtelligent TEchnologies for interactive enterTAINment
The INTETAIN 2008 program committee invites proposals for the workshop program, to be held January 7, 2008,
immediately prior to the conference. INTETAIN 2008 workshops are intended to provide an informal setting where
participants will have the opportunity to discuss specific topics in an atmosphere that fosters the active exchange of ideas.
Members of the research community are invited to submit a workshop proposal for review. In addition to the interest areas
of INTETAIN 2008, workshops that focus on new or emerging topics in the area of entertainment technologies and
applications are particularly encouraged.
INTETAIN 2008 Workshop Requirements for Submission
Each workshop should have one or more organizers and an international program committee. Proposals for workshops
should be a maximum of five pages in length, and should contain the following information to judge the importance, quality,
and benefits for the research community:
* Title of the proposed workshop.
* Names and full addresses, including contact details, of the workshop chairs.
* A brief description of the workshop topic and goals, its relevance to INTETAIN 2008 and significance for the research field.
* A brief discussion of why and to whom the workshop is of interest. (Target audience, areas from which the participants are
expected to come, strategy for publicizing the workshop, number of expected participants, names of potential attendees).
* Arrangements for the organization of the workshop, including length (half day or one day) and a brief outline of the workshop
describing anticipated format and possible session names.
* Names, addresses, and home page links of people who have agreed to be part of the workshop program committee if the
workshop proposal is accepted. This list should preferably include people from at least three different sites.
* A brief description of the organizers experience and background in the topic, and links to web pages of the workshop organizers.
* The name of the primary contact for the organizing committee; this person must have an e-mail address.
Potential workshop organizers are encouraged to send their draft proposals to potential participants for comments before submission.
Workshop Proposal Submission Deadline: August 14, 2007 *extended*
Workshop Proposal Notification: August 21, 2007 *extended*
Workshop Web Page online: September 1, 2007 *extended*
Workshop Paper Submissions Deadline: October 14, 2007
Workshop Paper Notification: November 12, 2007
Workshop proposals should be submitted via e-mail (either plain text or pdf) to the INTETAIN 2008 workshop chair:
Jörg Baus ([log in to unmask])
with a subject line of: INTETAIN 2008 Workshop Proposal
For all accepted proposals, INTETAIN 2008 organizing committee will be responsible for:
* Providing publicity for the workshop series as a whole.
* Providing logistic support and a meeting place for the workshop.
* Together with the organizers, determining the workshop date and time.
Workshop organizers will be responsible for the following:
* Setting up a Web site for the workshop.
* Advertising the workshop and issuing a call for participation/papers after notification of acceptance. It should also note that the number of participants is limited.
The call should also make clear the process by which the organizing committee will select the participants.
* Collecting submissions, notifying acceptances in due time, and ensuring a transparent and fair selection process. All workshop organizers commit themselves to
adopt the same deadlines for submissions and notifications of acceptance, which have to be determined.
* Making the PDF of the whole workshop notes available to the workshop chair as well as a list of audio-visual requirements and any special room requirements.
* Ensuring that the workshop organizers and the participants get registered to the workshop and the main conference.
DFKI GmbH - Universität des Saarlandes
FR 6.2 Informatik
Postfach 15 11 50
[log in to unmask]
[log in to unmask]
PGP fingerprint: 5EC3 06E0 F97D 95CE 6D75 6CAB 4756 4453 0021 C56D
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To unsubscribe, send an empty email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://sigchi.org/listserv