Sender:
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:10:14 -0800
From:
Pabini Gabriel-Petit <[log in to unmask]>
We are pleased to announce the results of the 2004 Salary Survey for User
Experience Design and Usability Professionals that Peak Usability and Spirit
Softworks conducted online. World wide, 821 respondents completed the
survey.

We made every effort to ensure a global response to the survey, so we could
provide meaningful results for as many countries as possible. However, given
the low response rates from many countries, we were able to break down much
of the data for only the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and
Australia.

The following is an outline of the report's key findings:

* Gross Income or Hourly Contract Rate by Employment Type and Country
* Gross Income by Metropolitan Area in the United States by Employment Type
* Gross Income by Primary Role in the United States
* Gross Income by Project Type in the United States
* Gross Income by Years of Experience
* Gross Income by Educational Level for Employees
* Employment Type by Gender
* Gross Income by Country and Gender
* Primary Roles
* Project Focus
* Highest Educational Level Achieved
* Years of Experience Working in User Experience Design or Usability
* Former Occupation
* Country or Region in Which Respondents Primarily Work

You can download our 65-page report, in PDF format, from either of the
following Web sites:

Spirit Softworks:
http://www.spiritsoftworks.com/resources/2004-salary-survey.htm

Peak Usability:
http://www.peakusability.com.au/resources/usabilitysalarysurvey.htm

Pabini Gabriel-Petit :: Spirit Softworks :: www.spiritsoftworks.com ::
Silicon Valley, California, USA :: [log in to unmask] :: 831-809-0992

Tania Lang :: Peak Usability :: www.peakusability.com.au ::
Brisbane, Australia :: [log in to unmask] :: +61 419 732142