AIS SIG on Semantic Web and Information Systems
AIS SIGSEMIS Bulletin, The Ofiicial Bimonthly Newsletter of AIS SIGSEMIS
CALL FOR SHORT ARTICLES
"Semantic Web Challenges for Knowledge Management"
Deadline for submission: June 30th, 2004.
AIS SIGSEMIS Bulletin invites short articles, case studies, and project
reports for special issue on "Semantic Web Challenges for Knowledge
Management ". The special issue will be published in Volume 1, Issue 2
(July, 2004). You can download the First Issue of Bulletin at
www.sigsemis.org (First Issue Theme: Semantic Web Challenges for
Information Systems Research Community). As already noticed, our official
peer-reviewed AIS SIGSEMIS Sponsored Journal, the International Journal of
Semantic Web and Information Systems (more about this you can find at
www.sigsemis.org) will have a similar special issue in the second issue,
in March of 2005).
** The newsletter is of non-refereed nature though the articles will be
selected and edited by AIS SIGSEMIS Bulletin Editorial Board.
Knowledge Management is one of the most promising IS fields. More over it
has been evident in the last years that it provides an excellent test bed
for Semantic Web theories and applications. In USA as well in Europe,
Australia and Asia a number of Projects have been undertaken towards the
willingness to develop high adaptive, personalized systems of knowledge
The scope of this special issue is to continue the debate of the last
years on the promise of Semantic Web for Knowledge Management and to
contribute in a concrete way both in theory and practice by communicating
leading edge research findings. We invite submissions that are related
(but not limited to) to the following topics:
· Semantic Web Research Issues for Knowledge Management
· Towards the development of the Knowledge society
· New Semantic Web enabled Tools for the citizen/ learner/ organization/
business from a knowledge management perspective
· New Semantic Web enabled Knowledge Management Strategies
· Intelligent Knowledge Management Systems
· Ontology Driven Knowledge Management
· Semantic enabled business intelligence
· Enterprise Application Integration and Business Networking
· Lessons Learned, Best Practices and Case Studies
· Approaches to Knowledge Gap Analysis and Competence Management
· Integrating Semantic Learning Technology with Knowledge Management
* Submission procedure:
1. The articles in the bulletin can be from 1000 to 1500 words.
2. The manuscripts should be either in Word or RTF format. Any figures
used in the contributions would be required separately in a graphic format
(gif or jpeg). The figures should also be embedded in the text at
3. Please send the manuscripts by email as attachment to Miltiadis D.
Lytras [log in to unmask], copied to [log in to unmask] (Subject: Learning
Technology April 2004 Submission).
For AIS SIGSEMIS Board
Dr. Miltiadis D. Lytras
AIS SIGSEMIS, http://www.sigsemis.org
ELTRUN, The E-Business Center
Department of Management Science and Technology
Athens University of Economics and Business Greece
Tel: +30 210 8203663 Fax: +30 210 8203664 http://www.eltrun.gr