From:
Jeffrey Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:27:03 -0600
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>    1)  A type definition
>    2)   Two derivired types from the first
>    3)   A rep-spec for each of the derived types
>    4)   Two instantians of ENUMERATION_IO.
>    5)    One assigment statement to up-convert and then down-covert.
> and you hvae your program.

If I understand correctly, you're talking about converting something like

type T1 is (A, B, C);
for T1 use (A => 1, B => 2, C => 4);

into something like

type T2 is (A, B, C);
for T2 use (A =>1, B => 3, C => 7);

In that case, it's even easier than you said:

type T1 is (A, B, C);
for T1 use (A => 1, B => 2, C => 4);

type T2 is new T1;
for T2 use (A =>1, B => 3, C => 7);

V : T1;

Get (V);
Put (T2 (V) );

--
Jeff Carter
"I was hobbling along, minding my own business, all of a