"Martin C. Carlisle" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 May 1999 07:54:02 -0600
I don't know how "nice" this binding is, but I have one with the following
spec.  Let me know if you are interested.  (Requires Win32Ada binding)

--Martin

--************************************************************************
--  serial.ads
--
--  Written by:  C1C Hugh O'Donnell
--               C1C Robin Stephens

package serial is

--************************************************************************
--  Function:     open
--
--  Parameters:   port : a four letter string that needs to be either
--                       COM1 or COM2

--************************************************************************
--  Function:     close
--
--  Parameters:   None
--************************************************************************

--************************************************************************
--  Function:     set_up_port
--
--  Parameters:   Baud : an integer that sets the baud rate (needs to be
--                       one of these numbers:  1200, 2400, 4800, 9600)

--************************************************************************
--  Function:     get
--
--  Parameters:   Item : A byte of data that is received at the serial port
--************************************************************************

--************************************************************************
--  Function:     put
--
--  Parameters:   Item : A byte of data to put to the serial port

--  Function:     port_status
--
--  Parameters:   None

end serial;