Sender:
From:
David McKern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:49:14 +1000
A Study into the Impact Graphical User Interface (GUI) Standards have on the
 User Interface (UI) Designer

Participants Required

Greetings,
            I am writing to invite you to participant in a survey that I am
conducting which covers the area of Graphical User Interface Standard. But
first let me introduce myself. My name is David McKern. I am an Honours
student at Deakin University, Rusden Campus, undertaking a Bachelor of
Science with Honours (Computer Science and Information Systems) degree. I am
currently preparing a thesis under the supervision of Malcolm Campbell in
the area of Graphical User Interface Standards. I am trying to judge the
impact GUI Standards have on the UI Designer.

What I am asking from you is a short amount of time (between 10-15 minutes)
to respond to a survey. This is being administered over the Internet so you
can answer the questions at your convenience and is anonymous. The responses
will be stored in password-protected database, which can only be accessed by
myself (David McKern).

You are free to withdraw at any stage with all responses gathered being
destroyed. Details are provided at the address below regarding this
facility.

Once you decide to participate in the survey, please go to the following

The questions I will be asking relate to your experiences in the area of
User Interface design. An example question is:

How many years have you been working in the area of UI development?
12 - 5
6 - 10
10 -15
15 or More

I hope this survey will get you thinking about the impact GUI Standards have
in your company.

The results for this study will be made available after the analysis of the
data is complete.

If you have any questions please contact either myself or Malcolm Campbell
using one of the methods below:

David McKern         E-Mail - [log in to unmask]     Phone +61 3 9244 7140
Malcolm Campbell   E-Mail - [log in to unmask]  Phone +61 3 9244 7425

Thank you for your assistance

David McKern