From:
Jan Gulliksen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jan Gulliksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:38:19 +0200

>Apologies for any cross-pointings
>
>Springer International Journal Universal Access in the Information
>Society (UAIS)
>
>http://link.springer.de/journals/uais/
>

>Call for Papers
>
>Special Issue on
>"Guidelines, Standards, Methods and Processes for Software
>Accessibility"
>
>Guest Editors:
>Jan Gulliksen1,2, Susan Harker3 & Gregg Vanderheiden4
>
>1Department of HCI, Information Technology, Uppsala University, Uppsala,
>Sweden
>2Center for user-oriented IT-design (CID), Royal Institute of
>Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
>3Department of Human Sciences, Loughborough University, Loughborough,
>United Kingdom
>4Department of Industrial and Biomedical Engineering and Trace
>Research and Development Center, University of Wisconsin, United
>States of America.
>

>About the UAIS Journal
>The UAIS Journal is a new Journal published by Springer that solicits
>original research contributions addressing the accessibility,
>usability and acceptability of Information Society Technologies by
>anyone, anywhere, at anytime, and through any media and device.
>Universal access refers to the systematic effort to proactively apply
>principles, methods and tools of universal design, in order to
>develop Information Society Technologies which are accessible and
>usable by all citizens.
>
>The Journal's unique focus is on theoretical, methodological, and
>empirical research, of both technological and non-technological
>nature, that addresses equitable access and active participation of
>potentially all citizens in the Information Society.
>
>For further information, please, refer to the "Aims and scope"
>section on the Website of the UAIS Journal.
>
>Aim and scope of the special issue
>A Special Interest Group on "Guidelines, Methods, and Processes for
>Accessibility" was held as a part of the 1st International Conference
>on Universal Access in Human-Computer Interaction (UAHCI), held in
>New Orleans, USA, 5-10 August 2001, jointly with HCI International
>2001. This Special Interest Group sought to gather knowledge about
>software accessibility for people with the widest possible range of
>capabilities. It provided the opportunity for participants to
>describe their experiences and to discuss guidelines for
>accessibility for possible inclusion in the forthcoming ISO standard
>on Ergonomics of human system interaction - Guidance on software
>accessibility for human-computer interfaces.  One result of the
>Special Interest Group was a decision to gather more knowledge about
>guidance relating to software accessibility by producing a special
>issue of the UAIS journal.
>
>Main topics
>In using the term accessibility we refer to the ISO TS 16071
>definition of accessibility as:
> [...]

Jan Gulliksen, associate professor      mailto:[log in to unmask]
Dept. for Human Computer Interaction    Tel: +46-18.471 2849
Uppsala University,                     Fax: +46-18.471 7811
Box 337                         Cellular: 070 - 425 0086
SE-751 05 Uppsala, Sweden               http://www.hci.uu.se

CHI 2003 Short Talks and Interactive Posters Co-Chair - 5-10 April
2003 in Fort Lauderdale: http://www.chi2003.org