From:
Pierre-Louis Xech <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pierre-Louis Xech <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:48:29 -0000
The Intelligent Environments Group (IEG) at Microsoft Research Cambridge (MSRC) would like to remind potential submitters that the deadline for the "Build, Create and Enhance: Intelligent Environments in the Everyday" Call For Proposals is fast approaching.

We would like to receive proposals from researchers at universities and non profit research organisations who share our desire to rethink computing in everyday situations either at home or in social activities.

Our goal is to receive proposals that will provide insights into future applications of Intelligent Environments and their underlying principles. In particular, we aim to identify and create the key building blocks that will underpin such environments and understand how software can help to build them.  We are looking for innovative ideas to model and build these personal applications of the future. This includes a better understanding of how Intelligent Environments can, and will be, integrated into people's daily life as well as new forms of interaction and devices with different form factors from today's standard desktop PC. We are interested in investigating how Intelligent Environments can stimulate human intelligence, for instance; either in unleashing one's own creative potential and skills or through enhancing communication with emotions.

We are particularly interested in proposals that can demonstrate their research results via working prototypes, proof of concept mock-ups or user experiments that highlight the application and feasibility of the proposed research principles and ideas. Interdisciplinary projects are especially welcome. Projects will typically be one year in duration, and will be run in close collaboration with the IEG at MSRC.

For further details, please visit http://research.microsoft.com/ero/iep/CFP06

Proposal submission deadline: 2 December 2005
For information please email: [log in to unmask]

Please accept our apologies if you receive this email multiple times.
----

Pierre-Louis Xech | External Research Office | Intelligent Environments
Microsoft Research Ltd | Roger Needham Building, JJ Thomson Avenue, Cambridge CB3 0FB  United Kingdom | email: [log in to unmask]  | http://research.microsoft.com  |  http://research.microsoft.com/ero/