This is to invite you to participate at the IWALT 2000 panel discussions.
IWALT, the "IEEE International Workshop on Advanced Learning Technologies
(IWALT 2000)", takes place between 4-6 December 2000, in Palmerston North,
At the moment we have the following panel chairs and panel themes. You can
join any of the panels below as panelist or participant. For panel 6, we are also
looking for a panel chair.
1. Lecturer Elspeth McKay, Australia, "Instructional Design and Multimedia"
2. Mr. Les Folio, USA, "Telemedicine and Tele-Education"
3. Prof. Paul Cristea, Romania, "Intelligent Learning Tools; Adaptation to
Nonstationary Environments -Learning and Evolution"
4. Mr. Robby Robson, USA, "Learning Technology Standards: IEEE Learning
Technology Standards Committee IMS project, other organizations"
5. Asoc. Prof. Ravewan Shinatrakool, Thailand, "Development of Science and
Technology Education Planning in Vocational and Higher Educational Institutions"
6. Asoc. Prof. Yoshiaki Shindo, Japan, "Programming Education Based on the
Computer Graphics Animation; Program Reading Practice and WinTK"
(1) panelist proposals:18th of June 2000.
You will receive the reviewing result around the 25th of June.
(2) final, camera-ready paper deadline: 3rd of July
(paper which has be formatted to conform to the conference paper requirements,
available at: http://www.computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm).
(1) name, affiliation, full postal address, phone, fax, e-mail
(2) Number + Name of the panel you want to present in
(3) Paper Title - corresponding to the panel discussion topic
(4) Paper: 2 pages long; see format below;
(5) a short CV
(6) a short list of publications relevant to the discussion
The papers accepted for the panel discussion will be published in the conference
proceedings, and should follow the instructions of the IEEE CS Press:
Potential panelists should send the above submission and information to me
at: [log in to unmask]
If you are interested in a panel, but don't want to present a paper yourself,
you can still join as a participant to the discussions.
More information on the IWALT 2000 conference can be found at:
Please forward this information to persons and colleagues to whom it might
be of interest.
Dr. Kinshuk [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
Program Chair, Intl.Workshop on Adv.Learn.Tech.(IWALT2000) http://lttf.ieee.org/iwalt2000/
Editor, "Educational Technology & Society" http://ifets.ieee.org/periodical/
Chair, IEEE Learning Technology Task Force http://lttf.ieee.org/
Chair, ACM SIGCHI New Zealand http://www.acm.org/chapters/sigchi_nz/
Information Systems Dept., Massey Univ., Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tel: +64 6 3505799 ext. 2090 Fax: +64 6 3505725 http://fims-www.massey.ac.nz/~kinshuk