Sender:
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:59:03 -0500
7bit
From:
Shwetak Patel <[log in to unmask]>
               Pervasive Computing @ Home Workshop
                         Pervasive 2008
               The Sixth International Conference
                     on Pervasive Computing
                      Sydney, Australia
                        May 19-22, 2008
http://research.microsoft.com/research/ubicomp/technologyforhome/pervasive2008workshop.htm

Organizers:

A.J. Brush - Microsoft Research, [log in to unmask]
Shwetak Patel - Georgia Tech, [log in to unmask]
Brian Meyers - Microsoft Research, [log in to unmask]
Albrecht Schmidt - University of Duisburg-Essen, [log in to unmask]

---------------------------------
Overview
---------------------------------

The Pervasive Computing @ Home workshop will focus on Pervasive Technology
as applied specifically to a home environment. We will discuss what
distinguishes the home from other sites of technological innovation,
approaches to studying behavior in a home setting including in-situ studies
and living laboratories, and lessons learned from building and studying
pervasive technologies intended for use in homes. We encourage participants
who have previously placed technology in the home or living laboratory or
who are planning on doing so in the future to apply to this workshop.

---------------------------------
Selecting Workshop Participants:
---------------------------------

Selection of participants will be based on refereed submissions. We are
soliciting 2-4 page position paper submissions (single spaced, size 10 font)
and expect to accept 15-20 participants.  We ask authors to focus their
paper submissions on challenges they faced deploying pervasive technology
for home environments with an emphasis on lessons learned. Authors should
also include a short biography at the end of the paper submission (included
in 4-page limit).

Submissions should be emailed to [log in to unmask] by January 25, 2008
(11:59 EST) to be considered for review.   If you are considering submission
we encourage you to email any one of the organizers