From:
Mike Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:39:28 -0400
I wanted to give everyone a quick update on the status of the new list
policies that were put in place earlier this month. The new policy
appears to be working well. By moderating non-subscriber posts, 16 spam
e-mails have been intercepted. 5 messages from valid posters were
approved and distributed (and, after the first two, I properly set the
approval mechanism to preserve the posters' return addresses). I didn't
count how much actual traffic we've had, but it appears that most
subscribers are able to freely post without the need for moderation. My
workload has actually decreased - I no longer report the spam via
SpamCop since it isn't being delivered to anyone but the list server.

If you have experienced any problems in posting to or receiving mail
from the Team Ada list, please let me know immediately.

Mike
Team Ada list admin