From:
"Crispen, Bob" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Crispen, Bob
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:28:46 -0500
The fire has burned under the open-source HLA RTI
pot for long enough that it's starting to bubble.

One of the issues that's come up is that there are two
codebases which might be used: one in Ada95 and
one in C++.

Has anyone here ever integrated C++ and Ada?  I'm
talking about C++ on the class level, not some little
library functions with a C-like interface, but medium-
sized reusable elements in C++ as well as Ada95.

It seems that it might be theoretically possible given
the codebase behind gnat and g++, though I gather
egcs has complicated things?  The problem is, I've
fallen too far behind in understanding some of the
underlying stuff to even make an educated guess.

I don't want to recommend something to an effort I
care very much about if there isn't a solid background
of success doing this.  There are simply not enough
hands on the open RTI project to do research into
making Ada95 play with C++.

Bob Crispen