From:
AdaWorks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:28:13 -0700
Wes,

Your characterization of the Embedded Systems Magazine
editorial policy is a little harsh.  I have found them
quite open to publishing my articles on Ada in the past.
In fact, one of my pieces, "An Ada for the Rest of Us,"
was first published in ESM, and then reprinted in lots
of other other magazines and journals.

I have met eyeball-to-eyeball with the editor and his
attitude toward Ada is more open than you might think.
On the other hand, those who most frequently contribute
articles to ESM are not Ada advocates and whenever I have
published something about Ada in ESM, they get letters
complaining about excessive coverage of what some of their
readers consider an "obsolete," "out-of-date," or "bloated
military language."

Also, magazine editors have to accomodate the interests of
the majority of their readers.  They do not get a lot of
requests for Ada articles, and the complaints they do get when
one is published tends to influence their editorial decisions.

Richard

Richard Riehle
AdaWorks Software Engineering
6 Sepulveda Circle