From:
Gillian Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gillian Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 13:51:53 +0100
Dear Colleagues

First International Conference on e-Social Science

22nd - 24th June 2005

Manchester Conference Centre, Manchester, UK

The registration deadline for the First International Conference on
e-Social Science is this Sunday the 12th of June.

The conference will consist of one day workshops and a two day paper
session which will include sessions and workshops on collaboration, the
usability of e-science, tools for e-social science and access grid
technology.

If you are unable to join us for the whole conference there is also a
choice of 6 one day and half day workshops on Wednesday 22nd.
Information regarding the workshops can be found on our conference
website.

Registration details and registration form can be found at
http://www.ncess.ac.uk/events/conference/

Collaboration, Co-Laboratories and e-Research: Understanding and
Supporting New Forms of Science and Social Science

21st June

FREE workshop

The day before the conference we are also hosting a one day free
workshop as part of our Agenda Setting Workshop series.  We are pleased
to welcome Prof. Gary and Judy Olson from the University of Michigan as
our guest speakers.

The workshop will look at the role of e-science in supporting new forms
of community and will also provide an opportunity to share experience
from e-science and e-social science pilot demonstrator projects. The
event is aimed at researchers working in e-science/social science, those
interested in Computer Supported Cooperative Work who might consider the
potential of the grid in this area, and those who are interested in
collaborative science or how to support it technically.

Further information on this free event is available from
http://www.ncess.ac.uk/events/agenda/collaboration

Best wishes

Gillian Sinclair

Dr Gillian Sinclair

Programme Manager

ESRC National Centre for e-Social Science (NCeSS)

University of Manchester

Dover Street Building

Dover Street

Manchester