From:
Gillian Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:26:54 +0000
Dear colleagues

Paper submission for the Second International Conference on e-Social Science (28th - 30th June 2006) is now open and can be found on our website at - http://www.ncess.ac.uk/events/conference/ along with the call for papers containing formatting instructions etc.

In line with last year we will have a variety of presentations at the conference which will be preceded by a series of workshops.  Further details of the First International Conference on e-Social Science can also be found on our website at - http://www.ncess.ac.uk/events/conference/2005/

We currently have 3 submission deadlines -

Full and short papers - 30th January 2006
Workshops / tutorials / panel sessions - 27th February 2006
Posters - 27th March 2006

Topics to be covered at the conference include (but are not restricted to):

Case studies of e-Social Science research methods and applications
Enabling new sources and forms of sociological data through e-Social Science
Infrastructure and tools for e-Social Science
Middleware for data collection, sharing and integration
Standards for metadata, ontologies, annotation, curation, etc.
Usability issues in the design of research tools and middleware
Case studies of (e-)Research and (e-) Social Science research practices
The benefits and challenges of large scale collaborative research
Interdisciplinary research and e-Social Science
International collaborations in e-Social Science
Socio-technical issues in the development of e-Research and the Grid
Ethical issues and challenges in the collection, integration, sharing and analysis of sociological and other personal data

We look forward to seeing you in Manchester, UK this summer.

Best wishes
Dr Gillian Sinclair

Dr Gillian Sinclair
Programme Manager
ESRC National Centre for e-Social Science
University of Manchester
Dover Street Building
Dover Street
Manchester