Sender:
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 10:52:56 +0200
From:
Andreas Holzinger <[log in to unmask]>
Polling of Interest (PoI), respond before July, 27, 2009

2nd International Workshop HCI4MED
Human–Computer Interaction for Medicine and Health Care:
Evaluation of Information Technology (IT) in Health Care

Full day workshop at 23rd BCS HCI 2009, Cambridge (UK)
Saturday, 5th September, 2009
Churchill College, Cambridge University

Workshop Setting:
Unlike last year’s mini conference approach, the emphasis will be on
discussion and exchange of ideas. We have hopes that this workshop will
stimulate the production of a joint publication (e.g. a volume of
Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science) on the appropriate selection
of evaluation methods for IT in Health Care and their effective
application. This workshop will bring together experts from diverse
areas to work on common scenarios, with the goal of facilitating
continuing discussions and future collaboration.

For more Info, see:
http://hci4all.at/HCI4MED09.html

In order to set up the workshop efficiently and to involve all
participants actively we need information on the attendees in advance.

Consequently, please send back the following information,
as a e-mail response directly to [log in to unmask]

1) My name

2) My affiliation and contact address

3) My key professional interests

4) My background & experience

5) My expectations towards this workshop

6) Approximately 250 words abstract for a five-minute presentation with
your key messages and key statements (required)

7) I would be interested in an informal meeting on the evening before
the workshop (Friday, 4th September): YES - NO

8) I would be interested to contribute towards an edited publication:
YES - NO (please delete as appropriate)

9) As publication I would prefer in production of a book (Springer
Lecture Notes in Computer Science) or a special issue of a journal:
BOOK - JOURNAL (please delete as appropriate)

10) Any further suggestions (optional)

Thank you, best regards from the Organizers,

Andreas HOLZINGER, Research Unit HCI4MED, Institute of Medical
Informatics, Statistics and Documentation, Medical University Graz, AT

Harold THIMBLEBY, Future Interaction Technologies Laboratory,
Department of Computer Science, Swansea University, UK

Russell BEALE, Advanced Interaction Group, School of Computer Science,
University of Birmingham, UK

Carsten RÖCKER, Human Technology Centre (Humtec),
RWTH Aachen University, DE

Martina ZIEFLE, Human Technology Centre (Humtec),
RWTH Aachen University, DE

Jan BORCHERS, The Media Computing Group,
RWTH Aachen University, DE

Assoc.Prof.Dr.Andreas HOLZINGER, PhD, MSc, MPh, BEng, CEng, DipEd, MBCS
Head Research Unit HCI4MED
Institute for Medical Informatics, Statistics and Documentation (IMI)
Medical University Graz (MUG)
Auenbruggerplatz 2/V, A-8036 Graz (Austria)
Phone: ++43 316 385 13883, Fax: ++43 316 385 13590
http://usab.icchp.org/
http://user.meduni-graz.at/andreas.holzinger
Enjoy Thinking!