Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:12:37 +1200
Workshop on Applications, Products and Services of Web-based Support Systems
October 13, 2003, Halifax, Canada
http://www2.cs.uregina.ca/~jtyao/Workshop_WI03/Workshop_WI03.html

In conjunction with
2003 IEEE/WIC International Conference on Web Intelligence
http://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/WI03/

The Web provides a new medium for storing, presenting, gathering,
sharing, processing and using information. The impacts of the Web
can be felt in almost all aspects of life.  Web Intelligence is a
sub-field of computer science that tries to meet the challenges
and take advantages of the opportunities offered by the Web. The
workshop aims to a particular field of Web Intelligence by
providing a forum for the discussion and exchange of ideas and
information by researchers, students, and professionals on the
issues and challenges brought on by the Web technology for various
support systems. One of our goals is to find out how applications
and adaptations of existing methodologies on the Web platform
benefit our decision-makings and various activities.

Some suggested topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:

Web-based Decision Support Systems
Web-based Information Retrieval Support Systems
Web-based Multimedia Systems
Web-based Groupware System
Web-based Knowledge Management System
Web-based Educational System
Web-based Research Support Systems
Web-based Business Support Systems
Web-based Financial and Economic Systems
Web-based Internet Banking System
Web-based Applications
Web-based Negotiation Support Systems
XML and Semi-structured Data Management on the Web
Web Information Management
Web Information Retrieval
Web Mining and Farming
CASE tools and software for developing web-based applications
User-interface design issues for web-based applications
Visualizations of web-based systems
Systems Analysis and Design methods for web-based applications
Security issues related to web-based applications
Web-based Systems Development

Important Dates:

August 22, 2003         Deadline for submission of papers
September 6, 2003       Notification of acceptance
                 (1 week prior to Early Registration deadline)
September 26, 2003      Final copy due
October 13, 2003        Conference

Submissions:

Submitted papers should be formatted in the style of IEEE-Computer
Society Format:
http://www.computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm

The page limit for the final version is 12 pages.  We only accept
electronic submissions. Please send your manuscripts in PDF format
to the program chairs:

Dr. JingTao Yao             Dr. Pawan Lingras
University of Regina        Saint Mary's University
Canada                      Canada
[log in to unmask]         [log in to unmask]

Publication:
The onsite proceedings of the workshop will be published by WI 2003.
We may have a post-workshop special issue on a journal or an edited
book for selected papers with revision and extension.