Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 08:40:39 +0100
Hi everyone, as part of the European Commission's ADVISES
project, I'm running a workshop on causal analysis techniques
for incident and accident investigation.   The workshop
will be in Glasgow on June 17th.   It's free to attend but
please email me first so I can keep track of numbers.

The focus will be on techniques that can be used to analyse
the human contribution to systems failures.

There will be three sessions.   The first will cover a range
of existing techniques (eg MORT and TRIPOD).   The second
will focus on Nancy Leveson's STAMP.  The third session will
look at a new technique for analysing the failure of programmable
sysrtems, developed for the UK Health and Safety Executive.
Each session will involve a series of example/case studies and
the entire day will be over by 16.00.

More details are available on:

http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/advises/tutorials/chris_accidents.html

Thanks,