From:
Laurie Kantner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laurie Kantner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 14:07:24 -0400
I would like to send the following posting to the CHI-Announcements and
Chi-Resources lists and hope to get your approval.

Laurie Kantner, UPA 2002 Conference Co-Chair

----------------

The Advance Program and Registration for the UPA 2002 Conference,
Humanizing Design, are available online. Please visit
http://www.usabilityprofessionals.org/conferences/2002/conf_index.php today
to review the conference offerings available. You'll find descriptions of
tutorials, workshops, advanced topic seminars, presentations and panels.

Registering early guarantees your space in the pre-conference tutorials and
workshops you would like to attend. A discount registration fee is
effective through June 7, 2002.

This year is difficult for many of us and our companies, and some of us
might decide to miss the conference to save money. But keep in mind the
career-building opportunities at UPA 2002:

- The job board

- Practical information to update your skills

- An ideal atmosphere for renewing contacts and meeting people.

The program this year is excellent, and we would love to see as many of you
partake in it, and the UPA community, as possible.

To save on costs, you can share a room. UPA will help you find a roommate
if that is desirable - please email [log in to unmask] if you are
interested.

Some details about registration:

- For workshops, you also need to submit a position paper prior to
acceptance in the workshop.

- This year's conference introduces a new track, advanced topic seminars.
If you have questions about signing up for an advanced topic seminar,
please contact Chauncey Wilson at [log in to unmask]

To reserve a hotel room at the special group rate, call the Hyatt Central
Reservations at (800) 233-1234 or the Hyatt Grand Cypress Resort directly
at (407) 239-1234 567-1234 by June 7, 2002. Be sure to say you are
attending the UPA Conference.

A printed copy of the Advance Program can be downloaded from the website at
http://www.upassoc.org/new/conferences/2002/program/adv_program_020429.pdf

We look forward to seeing you in Orlando!

Laurie Kantner and Joseph Kramer
UPA 2002 Conference Co-Chairs

Laurie Kantner . Tec-Ed, Inc. .  www.teced.com . 734-995-1010