Sender:
From:
Michael Muller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:32:57 -0400
Call for Mentors - CHI 2007
http://www.chi2007.org/
The CHI conference series welcomes work from new members. We attempt to
assist first-time CHI authors by offering a mentor to help them prepare
their submission. To date, we have received 40 requests for mentors.
We invite experienced CHI authors to volunteer to mentor. In past years,
mentoring has involved one or more email exchanges with authors. In some
cases, mentors have helped authors determine whether CHI is the right
conference for their work. In other cases, mentors have provided comments
on research plans, and occasionally on drafts of submissions.
If you would like to serve the CHI community in this way, please send an
email to [log in to unmask] Please tell us the topics you would be
interested in mentoring. Please also give us a very brief description of
your CHI authoring experiences (e.g., "3 long papers, 2 demos, 4
posters").
Topics from our current set of requests-for-mentoring include the
following: design, privacy, ethnography, wireless, voice-UI, games,
ambience, awareness, methodology, virtual and physical, navigation,
search... We seek mentors for any CHI topic, because we anticipate further
requests.
Thank you,
Kumiyo Nakakoji and Michael Muller, CHI 2007 mentoring co-chairs