3rd IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT 2003)
July 9-11, 2003 Athens, Greece
** Early bird deadline: May 30, 2003
* A unique opportunity to see the preparations of next year's Olympic games!
** Conference Theme: "Technology Enhanced Learning"
ICALT 2003 intends to bring together academics, researchers and industry practitioners who
are involved or interested in the design and development of advanced and emerging learning
technologies with ultimate aim to empower individuals and organisations in building
competencies for exploiting the opportunities of the knowledge society.
* Keynote speakers
- Erik Duval, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Elliot Soloway, Univ.of Michigan, USA & Cathleen Norris, Univ.of North Texas, USA
- International Standardisation for Collaborative Learning Technologies (Moderator:
Toshio Okamoto, University of Electro-Communications, Japan)
* With 16% acceptance rate for full paper, the conference programme is built around a
very high quality of presentations. The list of accepted papers is available at the
conference website: http://lttf.ieee.org/icalt2003/
* Proceedings are published by IEEE Computer Society Press.
* Five workshops
- Interoperability Challenges in Learning Technologies, Organiser: Prof. Frans Van
- Quality Management in Education, Organiser: Dr Jan Pawlowski, U Duisburg-Essen
- Tools and techniques for study and evaluation of computer-supported collaborative
learning, Organizers: Nikos Avouris and Vassilis Komis, U Patras
- Adaptive hypermedia - Its role in lifelong learning, Organizers: Nikos Mylonakis,
and Colin McCullough, CEDEFOP
- Can Constructivist Epistemologies be Successfully Applied in Educational Informatics?
Organizers: Miguel Baptista Nunes, Maggie McPherson, U Sheffield, UK and Iraklis
Paraskakis, City Liberal Studies College, Greece
We look forward to your participation.
Associate Professor Kinshuk [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
Information Systems Dept., Massey Univ., Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tel: +64 6 3505799 ext. 2090 Fax: +64 6 3505725 http://infosys.massey.ac.nz/~kinshuk