From:
Wayne Piekarski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Piekarski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2006 00:15:19 +0930
***            Australasian User Interface Conference 2007           ***
*** Ballarat, Australia - January 2007 - http://auic2007.tinmith.net ***

PAPER DEADLINE EXTENDED: Papers are now due August 21, 2006!

This is the first call for papers for the 8th Australasian User
Interface Conference, to be held in Ballarat, Victoria in January
2007. Our names are Wayne Piekarski and Beryl Plimmer and we are the
conference chairs this year. We would like to invite you to submit a
paper, and also to attend the conference. We would particularly like
to welcome overseas guests to come visit Australia and participate in
the conference. The AUIC conference is part of Australasian Computer
Science Week, which contains a number of conferences such as ACSC,
ACE, ADC, AUIC, CATS, and APCCM.

Last year's conference was a big success, with a record number of
submissions, the first demonstration session, and a keynote by
Professor Tom Furness. Other appealing features of the conference
include publication of papers in the ACM Digital Library, proceedings
published in CRPIT with an independent ISBN number, fully refereed
papers by an international program committee, and a small workshop
feel which allows in-depth discussion amongst participants. While the
2006 conference was a success, we plan on improving on this for 2007!

We look forward to seeing your paper submissions and attendance at
the conference in 2007!

* Paper Submission Details *

Submissions must include the authors' names, affiliations and
addresses, a 200-word abstract, and 3 to 6 keywords identifying the
subject area. Papers can be submitted as either an 8-page full paper,
or a 4-page short paper. A paper should not be submitted to more than
one of the conferences in ACSW, and must not be currently under
review at any other conference or journal. Papers should adhere to
the length guidelines and are required to conform to the formatting
guidelines of the series Conferences in Research and Practice in
Information Technology.

Please visit the AUIC web site at http://auic2007.tinmith.net for
detailed information on how to format and submit a paper. Papers must
be submitted via the electronic submission system provided.

* Important Dates *

Please submit your full paper by August 21, 2006 according to the
instructions at http://auic2007.tinmith.net - we will notify authors
in late September after the reviewing process is complete.

* More information *

Please visit the AUIC web site at http://auic2007.tinmith.net for
detailed information about the conference.

* About AUIC *

The Australasian User Interface Conference (AUIC) is a technology-
focused forum for user interface researchers and practitioners from
Australia and New Zealand, and throughout the world. The conference,
which is one of several conferences that constitute the Australasian
Computer Science Week, provides an opportunity for workers in the
areas of HCI, CSCW, and pervasive computing to meet with colleagues
and with others in the broader computer science community.

We welcome original papers and short papers describing research or
innovative practice. AUIC invites participation and submissions from
researchers and practitioners with an interest in techniques, tools,
and technology for improving user interfaces over a wide range of
areas, including the following:

- User interface architectures, tools, techniques, and technology.
- Usability and evaluations
- Innovative applications and user interfaces, including VR,
multimedia, and adaptive interfaces
- Distributed interfaces, including the World Wide Web
- Ambient and highly mobile devices (PDAs, wearable computers)
- CSCW, group work, groupware, and computer-mediated human communication
- HCI education

All papers in the proceedings of ACSW conferences (including AUIC)
are archived in the ACM Digital Library. As with previous years,
registration to the Australasian User Interface Conference will
enable delegates to attend sessions in any conference participating
in the Australasian Computer Science Week.

****

We look forward to seeing you at the conference!

regards,
Wayne and Beryl

AUIC 2007 Conference Chairs

---
Dr Wayne Piekarski - Researcher / Lecturer      pho:
+61-8-8302-5070
                                                 fax:
+61-8-8302-3381
Assistant Director - Wearable Computer Lab      mob:
+61-407-395-889
School of Computer and Information Science      ema:
University of South Australia                   www: http://
www.tinmith.net

---

Beryl Plimmer