CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
From:
Alok Jain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:07:22 -0400
This is just my view, no data to back up yet, but I belive such
interface works when the users is working with a known set. Take
an example of email, local desktop files etc.

In case of live.com implementation, it makes it more difficult
to comprehend the entire solution set. Pagination provides a
much more concrete status of where they are in the overall
solution set. Scroll is more of approximation (in user mental
model terms).

I think a Page model will enhance this interaction. So having
two things:

1. Visual Separation between each scroll
2. Adding page numbers

Regards
Alok Jain
http://www.principia.com

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Isha Bhatt ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Does anyone have any feedback -- Pros/Cons for indefinite
scrolls on Search
> results or web pages for consumer sites?
>
> One site that I have come across is the www.live.com site
where on the image
> search there is an indefinite scroll.
> http://www.live.com/#q=flower&scope=images&lod=2&page=results
>
> Looking to see if anyone has implemented this kind of an
interface or is