From:
Vishal Iyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vishal Iyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:49:16 -0400
I started using Axure a few months back and love it- for what its
meant for. Axure is a wireframing tool- its target is essentially UX
people not developers, unlike Dreamweaver  which is a production tool.
So Axure is not meant to have usable HTML code.

The flip side? You can create fully-functional prototypes without a
single line of code (mostly drag n drop and assigning properties). It
is fairly powerful (especially the latest release) and you can
prototype most functions pretty well. At around $589 a piece, I wish
it were a bit cheaper, but I don't have many viable alternatives for
what it does.

Its not fair to compare iRise to Axure either coz the former is a
complete project management system, that covers the whole cycle from
product/ design/ technical requirements to communication to
prototyping (hence the ~$10,000/ license tag). Whereas all Axure does
is to create wireframes and prototype (and a not too decent job of
design requirements)

--
-Vishal
http://www.vishaliyer.com