Skot Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:27:47 -0700
On Jun-2-2008, at 03:39 , Mathijs Panhuijsen wrote:

> Does anybody know if there is a rule for the capitalization of
> titles of
> dialogs?

Apple's Human Interface Guidelines explicitly recommend that a new,
unsaved window should be named "untitled" with this note about case:

> leaving it lowercase makes it more obvious that the window doesn’t
> have a name and encourages people to save the document

although I don't see anything else specific about case.

Macintosh dialog boxes are not always named, so they provide only some
guidance. In most cases, however, they appear to be "title case" as in:
> Open File by Name
or, more simply (and a standard Macintosh dialog box):
> Open

I would choose title case, personally.
--
Skot Nelson
skot (at) penguinstorm (dot) com

p. 206.629.8735
skype. skot.nelson

http://www.linkedin.com/in/skotnelson

	"In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when
	 there is no longer anything to add, but when there
	 is no longer anything to take away."
	-- Antonine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars