From:
David Unsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:31:29 +0100
Scott,

Surely we are all good psychologists already...

You ask "- why do people think that it is easier to become a good psychologist than
a good network engineer when the human brain is much more complicated than a
network?"

I would have thought aptitude for being a psychologist was an evolutionary
preferable capacity. Those humans with little aptitude in this area are less likely
to succeed/reproduce etc.

Lastly, the comparison of a human brain with a computer network could only be equal
if there were computer networks roaming the grasslands playing predator.

In my opinion, therefore, I would think people generally made the "right" choice.

David

the system manager at [log in to unmask]

www.saga.co.uk