CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Dana & Dror Carmi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dana & Dror Carmi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:35:23 +0200
I'm looking for data regarding SUS anchor or benchmark ranks, so one
can tell what is a good score (a highly usable product).

System Usability Scale (SUS) is a 10 items (5 point Likert chart)
questionaire, that
yields a single number representing a composite measure of the overall
usability of a system. It allows to make a cross-products usability
comparison.
You can find more info about SUS at http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~ph/sus.html

Since the scale is 0 - 100, it is obvious that a system totaly
unusable will gain a score of 0, while a perfect one will score 100.
But does a score of 50 means a reasonable system or a bad one? How
about a score of 75?
I collected average SUS scores for 5 of my company applications, but
need to show how those scores are in comparision with good usable
products (checking against competitors is impossible due to various
reasons).

I'm mainly interested in evaluation of enterprise software, but any
other experience you may have with this questionnaire will be
appriciated.

Please send responses directly to me and I'll summarize for the list.
If you're including data with specific applications names, let me know
if you want me to hide those names in the summary.

Thanks,
Dror Carmi