From:
William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 07:15:23 -0000
Some may have noticed that you now have to confirm postings to the list.
This was a change imposed on us by an "improvement" that LSoft made to
the latest version of Listserv. If we do not request confirmations a
spammer could post to the list just by spoofing a moderator's email
address. (In earlier versions moderator confirmation was independent of
member confirmation.)

The good news is that the confirmation mechanism means we no longer have
to restrict postings to those email addresses subscribed to the list.
Anyone can now post regardless of their subscription status - as long as
they confirm the message. Note that messages still go to a moderator for
approval, but this means that moderators only have to deal with
confirmed postings, not mountains of spam.

For those of you with spam filtering that requires confirmation
messages, you will want to white-list the following email addresses:

[log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

Regards,

William Hudson
CHI-WEB Team