From:
Christopher Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christopher Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 06:48:53 -0500
> I realize this is far from the ideal design approach, but I'm
> wondering if anyone out there has been tasked with conducting a
> session such as this, and if so, how can I structure this meeting to
> keep us on track and get the best results?

Sure, here are some tips:

1) Have breakaway sessions with smaller groups at least once during the day.
2) Set intermediate goals for every hour or two. If you're not done
something by the end of that sub-session, table it for later.
3) In fact, create a "parking lot" whiteboard or document on which you write
down any ideas that cannot be addressed or completed during the session.
4) Appoint someone to document stuff throughout - a 'secretary'. This person
should not be the session leader.
5) Take a solid hour for lunch. People will talk during lunch and ideas will
open up.
6) Try to finish early.
7) Bring nice chocolate bars for everyone. This is probably the most
important tip of all.

Cheers,
-Cf

[christopher eli fahey]