From:
Louise Penberthy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Louise Penberthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:51:46 -0700
Take a look at the literature on cross-modal matching.  I did an
extensive search of that literature back in 2000-2001.  Essentially,
the results of that research are that there are some reliable
correspondences between attributes in different sensory modes, but
only some.

I may be able to find the paper I wrote if you would like a copy.  Let
me know at [log in to unmask]

-- Louise