Sender:
From:
Joe Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 21:51:33 -0500
>I did some usability testing recently and found that people liked the
>Yahoo-like hierarchy listing. The more second-level information they saw,
>the easier it was to identify the right link to pick.
>
>One problem that I've seen in pitching it to clients is that it's not
>pretty enough. Lots of HTML text, no control over fonts, all that
>underlining. Using this kind of hierarchy doesn't always fit in with that
>visual image that the graphic designers are going for.

Text should be in text as the default mode, and rendered as graphics
only if we can really justify it.

Underlines? Turn them off with CSS. Type is unattractive? Set font,
relative size, and colour with CSS. Easy. At the very least, you can
set link, alink, and visited colours.

--
           Joe Clark
           <http://www.joeclark.uni.cc> (updated 2000.02.13)