Sender:
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 08:06:10 -0400
From:
Elizabeth Buie <[log in to unmask]>
John Shiple wrote:

> On a related note, anybody know of documents pointing to the "state of the
> art" in browsers for disabled users? Also, any documents explaining how
> documents are rendered on these browsers would be helpful--where did you get
> your info, Elizabeth?

I got my info from a blind user, and from testing my pages with Lynx.
You might want to start from

    http://www.crl.com/%7Esubir/lynx.html

Specific guidelines for web accessibility are all over the place.  I
would recommend starting with the W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative:

    http://www.w3.org/wai/

Elizabeth
--
Elizabeth Buie                                  [log in to unmask]
Computer Sciences Corporation, Lanham-Seabrook, Maryland, USA