CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Peter Boersma <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Boersma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:34:51 +0200
At 6/23/99 11:05 AM Wednesday, Fitzpatrick, Sean wrote:

[snip order to change welcome page into portal]
>Third, and most
>important, I am NOT designing a consumer, info intense web-site. I am
>designing a business-oriented web APPLICATION.

You gave the answer already: You're ordered to redesign the welcome page of
an application. Look at welcome pages of other applications. They'll show a
blank screen after startup and pop-up a mini-wizard asking you wether you
want to:
(1) continue with an old session (open existing file)
(2) start a new one (possibly followed by a template-wizard)
(3) be a "super user" and do one of these by yourself ;-) (returning to the
blank screen)
I suggest you build a similar interface.

Peter
Peter Boersma                 General Design
http://www.design.nl/     internet solutions
anagram #42 of peter boersma: Emperor's bate
computer-human interaction? http://sigchi.nl