CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
"John S. Rhodes" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John S. Rhodes
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 01:43:18 -0400
I wanted to quickly announce that a new interview with usability expert
Jared Spool is now available on the WebWord.com site. The focus is on
collecting user data. Obviously collecting user data is important, but
exactly *how* should we use it once we have it? What does it *really* tell us?

Jared answers several important questions. For example:

  * What have been your most striking findings?
  * What data gathering techniques and procedures do you typically use?
  * What steps do you take when usability problems are apparent?
  * What are the typical costs associated with usability testing?

If you are interested, feel free to read the interview:
  SPOOL VISION: AN EYE ON USER DATA
  <http://webword.com/interviews/spool.html>

Regards,

- John

p.s. Please excuse the cross posting.

 John S. Rhodes  **  mailto:[log in to unmask]  **  http://WebWord.com/
  Usability Professional, Internet Strategist, Information Architect