From:
"Chrusch, Marc" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chrusch, Marc
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:53:55 -0400
The topic of recruiting users for usability testing has come up a number of
times.  An often repeated suggestion is to work with a market research
organization to do at least the initial recruitment of users that fit the
desired profile(s).  The users for one of our products are any web users who
are examining/searching the classified ads of our client newspapers.  Does
anyone have any suggestions of specific market research firms that they have
had success with in recruiting usability test candidates?  The heaviest
geographic concentrations are central Indiana, southwestern Georgia,
southwestern Ohio, and northeastern Ohio, but we're not limited to these
areas.  I'm aware that some market research firms are national in scope and
as long as the demographics are understood and the profiles are applicable,
I don't feel that locality is a hard requirement.

Has anyone on the list noticed regional differences where web site usability
is concerned?

Thanks in advance,
Marc Chrusch                          [log in to unmask]
Usability Engineer                    (v)203-425-1219
Thomson Interactive Media