CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Kay Corry Aubrey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kay Corry Aubrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2011 09:35:00 -0500
Hi -  A few weeks back I posted this message to the people on the list:

ORIGINAL QUESTION

Hi - Can anyone suggest complex publically-available applications that are
designed to encourage users to learn through exploration? Many feature-rich
applications use a hierarchical navigation, with a whole universe of
functionality under one menu item. I'm looking for products that are
designed so savvy users can go directly to the function they need, while
providing novice and intermediate users an opportunity to learn the product
(and often the domain). An example that comes to my mind is Turbo Tax. Can
you suggest others?

I received two responses, they are:

RESPONSE #1