Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 04:24:31 -0700
Dear All.
My name is Anna, I work for a major international music and arts festival
in the UK called Futuresonic (www.futuresonic.com).
One of our major strands is the Social Technologies Summit and the
Interbational Environment Conference.
I hope that information about our festival will be interesting for you.

Please find some information below.

SOCIAL
TECHNOLOGIES
SUMMIT

The 'ideas strand' of the Futuresonic festival, the Social
Technologies Summit, brings together leading figures to explore "a
whole new way of doing things in the air".

\\\\

FREE STUDIO
http://www.futuresonic.com/07/freestudio.html
A part of the Social Technologies Summit

There is today a grass roots open source movement that is sweeping
across Brazil like wild fire and captivating the world's imagination.
Claudio Prado is the leading figure in the Brazilian movement. A
friend of Gilberto Gil and one of the original organisers of the
first Glastonbury Festival in 1970, Claudio now works in a very new
frontier in digital and open source culture. He is joined by
Cristiano Scabello, a walking collision of Brazilian dub sound system
and open source activist, plus James Wallbank from Access Space and
Rob van Kranenberg from Bricolabs.

Followed by a Manchester Free Studio workshop, focusing on the
initiation of a local Estudio Livre (Free Studio) in Manchester,
based on the Brazilian model.

\\\\

USE YOUR IMAGINATION
http://www.futuresonic.com/07/imagination.html
A part of the Social Technologies Summit

A man falls in slow motion from a high building. Upon impact the
concrete paving gives way and ripples in concentric waves as it
absorbs the energy of his fall. There is an idea out there that the
world is not solid any more. Now that everyone can speak to anyone
while on the move or open a web page from anywhere, the ground
beneath our feet is no longer hard, but 'soft', as in 'software'.

We live in an age when the future of the next few hundred years is
being written. Just as the printing press and the steam engine
changed history, so the decisions made now about the design of the
technologies we use will shape our lives tomorrow.

It is not just scientists who are engineering this future, but
artists and DIY technologists also. Use Your Imagination is a one day
event with the goal of 'open sourcing' some of the technologies and
concepts that are reshaping our lives today.

\\\\

ENVIRONMENT 2.0
http://www.futuresonic.com/07/environmenttalks.html
A part of the Social Technologies Summit

Environment 2.0 is a new international initiative seeking to explore
the sustainability of future arts and technologies. It is a part of a
3 year project by Futuresonic seeking to minimise the environmental
impact of the Futuresonic festival and also to explore broader issues
connecting Futuresonic's interest in mobile and social technologies
with the new urgency surrounding climate change.

In Environment 2.0 two worlds collide. When the environment is
mapped, tagged and digitised it becomes navigable, computable and
manipulable. How can this approach to environment, one which is
iconic for our times, be reconciled with the need to address climate
change? Environment 2.0 will also explore Open Source Energy, looking
at low cost and free ways that people can generate energy locally.

The Social Technologies Summit at Futuresonic 2007 will include a
series of talks on culture and climate change, followed by a network
meeting for Environment 2.0.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

TICKET INFORMATION
http://www.futuresonic.com/07/bookings.html

WEEKENDER WRISTBAND
£30
Free access to over 30 Futuresonic events
Food & drink discounts during your festival visit (see below)
Does not include access to CARBON which is a ticket-only event.

DELEGATE PASS
£45 (includes £30 Weekender Wristband)
Student Delegate Pass: £10
(20 day passes available each day on a Pay-What-You-Can basis).
The Delegate Pass gives you access to the Social Technologies Summit,
plus all Futuresonic Weekender Wristband events.
Conference places limited - advance booking essential.

For individual EVENT TICKETS and VISITOR INFORMATION visit
http://www.futuresonic.com/07/bookings.html

\\\\

Best wishes,
Anna Pechurina