Sender:
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:16:54 -0700
From:
Mary Czerwinski <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Colleagues,

Mark your calendars for the Awards Talks at CHI 2007!  The awards talk series is your chance to hear from our distinguished award winners of the Lifetime Achievement and Social Impact Awards.

Jim Foley (Lifetime Achievement)
Human-Centered Computing Education - What we Teach, How we Teach - Looking back, Looking ahead
http://www.chi2007.org/attend/program/showSession.php?day=Wednesday&sessionId=11209
Wednesday (May 2) 9:00 am

Gary Marsden (Social Impact)
Doing HCI Differently - Stories from the Developing World
http://www.chi2007.org/attend/program/showSession.php?day=Tuesday&sessionId=10809
Tuesday (May 1) 9 am

Gregory Abowd (Social Impact)
Using Computing Technologies to Face the Challenges of Autism
http://www.chi2007.org/attend/program/showSession.php?day=Thursday&sessionId=11709
Thursday (May 3) 11:30 am

We also cordially invite anyone interested in learning more about the SIGCHI organization and getting involved to join us at the SICGHI Member Meeting, Wednesday (May 2nd) at 6:10 pm in room B.  SIGCHI officers will present ongoing programs and activities, followed by an audience Q&A session.

Finally, we would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate all award winners again
(Detailed information at: http://sigchi.org/documents/awards/awards-2007.html)

CHI Academy (in alphabetical order):
JoŽlle Coutaz
Karen Holtzblatt