Sender:
From:
Joanna McGrenere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:06:59 -0800
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

CHI 2006 Workshop: Designing Technology for People with Cognitive
Impairments

Workshop dates: April 22 and 23, 2006
Position papers due: January 13, 2006
Notification of acceptance: January 31, 2006

This two-day workshop aims to bring together researchers from both
academia and industry that are actively designing technologies for
people with cognitive impairments. Technologies can be used to mitigate
the impairment or to make general user applications accessible. We are
interested to see novel design concepts, methodological innovations,
empirical research, or technological solutions. The goal is to share
best practices and to generate new conceptual frameworks for how to
advance assistive technology research for the cognitively impaired.

Please submit position papers which:
- are 2-4 pages, following the CHI Extended Abstracts Publications Format
- describe your work in this area and your perspective regarding the
goals of the workshop
- include two questions you would most like addressed in the workshop
- include a brief biographical sketch, and if you are part of a research
group, briefly state the mission or focus of the group

Papers can be co-authored, and should be submitted as a PDF by January
13, 2006 to [log in to unmask]

All position papers will be reviewed and discussed by the three workshop
organizers. Submissions will be selected on the basis of the
significance of the work presented and with respect to how well they
will help us reach the aim of the workshop. We shall try to create a
good mix of people looking at the topic from different perspectives.
Space permitting, we will allow multiple attendees for co-authored papers.

Workshop organizers:
Joanna McGrenere, University of British Columbia
Jim Sullivan, University of Colorado
Ronald Baecker, University of Toronto

Potential attendees are encouraged to seek extra information about the
workshop through the workshop website:
http://cs.ubc.ca/~joanna/CHI2006Workshop_CognitiveTechnologies