Sender:
From:
"David W. McDonald" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:01:54 -0800
Please note - we have changed the deadline for position paper
submissions to our workshop. The new submission deadline is Monday,
January 16th, 2006. We made this change to equitably accommodate the
number of requests to provide an extension.

The new submission deadline is now listed on the CHI 2006 workshop
site and on our workshop home pages
http://www.ischool.washington.edu/mcdonald/itathome/

The original CfP with the updated deadline is copied below.

--------

IT@Home: Unraveling Complexities of Networked Devices in the Home
CHI 2006 Workshop

Call for Participation

The home is becoming a complex and hard to manage collection of
computers and digital lifestyle devices. The work to setup and
maintain a network of digital living devices in the home is similar
to the work of IT professionals. Indeed the growing complexity of
interconnected digital devices results in more and more time spent
solving problems with those devices and their configurations, an
important part of computer use that we call “IT@Home”. The workshop
will be structured to consider four areas of focus:

   * Perspectives – How should we consider IT@Home? What theories
apply to IT@Home?
   * Problem Framing – What are critical problems in IT@Home?
   * Empirical Study – Case studies and examples of effectively
studying home IT.
   * Design – What are some critical design issues for IT@Home?

Contributions to these conceptual areas that are illustrated through
data and case studies will be valued by researchers, designers,
product teams and market analysts through the coming years.

Individuals interested in participating in this full-day workshop
should submit a position paper on IT@Home that addresses one of the
four areas listed above. Position papers should be limited to 4
pages. Submissions in PDF or Word should be sent to David McDonald
[log in to unmask] by Monday, January 16, 2006. Notifications of
acceptance to the workshop will be made in early February 2006.

For more information on the workshop please visit:
http://www.ischool.washington.edu/mcdonald/itathome/