Sender:
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:23:13 -0000
From:
William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Erica -

I personally would agree with your marketing department, as would
Amazon, I believe. Global navigation and panels potentially distract
users from the task in hand. They will end up leaving the process
without necessarily realizing it and will be very frustrated if they
then use the browser back button to discover that their data is gone.

Provide just a 'Cancel' button instead.

Regards,

William Hudson
Syntagm Ltd
Design for Usability
US Toll Free 1-866-SYNTAGM
UK 01235-522859
World +44-1235-522859
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.syntagm.co.uk
http://www.designforusability.com

Syntagm is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered
number: 1895345. Registered office: 10 Oxford Road, Abingdon OX14 2DS.