CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
James Wanless <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Wanless <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:03:49 -0800
Why a heuristic evaluation specific to a Web 2.0 site?  This seems to me,
to be akin to putting a defining term on something where none is needed.

What would be different about evaluating a web 2.0 site, as opposed to any
other?  Web 2.0 (and I'll admit I hate the term) simply refers to an
evolution of the web as a platform.  It's generally about semantic
content, user-generation, sharing and building iteratively and
collectively.  I'm still trying to figure out why you would evaluate that
differently than a more static site.

Aren't the issues (or maybe guiding principles for evaluation), more or
less, the same?

James Wanless
User Experience Design (Senior Systems Analyst)
Web Services, IT Services
British Columbia Institute of Technology
3700 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby, BC, V5G 3H2

Tel: 604-456-1119  -  Fax: 604-439-6785
Email: [log in to unmask]  - Web: www.bcit.ca/its

Technology changes everything.

"ACM SIGCHI WWW Human Factors (Open Discussion)"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote on 22/02/2008 03:42:38 PM:

> I am looking to conduct a heuristic evaluation on a Web 2.0 site. Does
> anyone know of any Guidelines or Heuristics out their specifically for
Web