From:
Tom Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 17:51:12 -0800
> Most Ada jobs are for embedded, real-time systems. That's because that's
> where Ada shines the best.
Could somebody please enlighten me, a PC-desktop using Ada user, on the
status of Ada in embedded systems?  I've certainly gotten the
impression from other fora that virtually all embedded stuff is done
either on very specialized CPUs or on 8051s, and there are no Ada
compilers for any of the popular ones.  What cpu does the fuel
injection system in my car use, and is there a reasonably modern Ada
compiler for it?  What cpu is used by the GPS system in Hertz cars (for
which there clearly is an Ada compiler), and is it used anywhere else?
  Confused.