From:
"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 21:37:33 -0800
From: Bob Leif
To: Commercial Ada Vendors and other Interested Parties.

I am managing an ACM SigAda Booth at the LabAutomation'98 Meeting here in
San Diego. This is a clinical laboratory meeting primarily based on
robotics and microminiaturization. Our booth opens the evening of Sunday,
January 18, 1998. Please forgive my short notice. Unfortunately, I only
received notice of the availability of the booth a few days ago.  We all
have a vested interest in Ada and good software engineering being used for
the creation of medical device software. Firstly, for ourselves and our
loved ones, we want these devices to work. Secondly, this is an obvious
business opportunity for the Ada community. Therefore, I will need any
useful materials, free software, demos, product advertisements, and other
give-aways.  This is with the understanding that these items will NOT be
mailed back except if someone wants to pay the postage.

I found last year at Object Expo and other meetings that a list of Ada URLs
is an excellent handout. Please e-mail to me any Ada or software
engineering URLs that you would consider to be of use to a medical device
developer. The San Diego SigAda will donate the cost of copying a URL handout.

The meeting ends on Wednesday, January 21, 1998. Ed Colbert has kindly
offered to help on Sunday to set up and on Monday.  Any other volunteers
would be most welcome. If your company or even as an individual you are
interested in this market, working in the booth should be a useful learning
experience.

Robert C. Leif, Ph.D., PMIAC,
Vice President & Research Director
Ada_Med, a Division of Newport Instruments
5648 Toyon Road
San Diego, CA 92115-1022
Tel. & Fax (619) 582-0437
E-mail [log in to unmask]