Sender:
From:
Susan Dray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:46:19 -0500
Dear All,

If you are attending CHI 2009 in Boston you probably already know that you
can attend courses for the nominal fee of $25 to cover the notes.

We would like to draw your attention to a course that David Siegel and I are
offering:

UNDERSTANDING USERS IN CONTEXT:  FIELDWORK IN USER-CENTERED
DESIGN, on Tuesday, 7 April 2009
This will be a full-day highly interactive course where we will share many “tips
and tricks” on how to plan, conduct and understand fieldwork and contextual
field research, drawn from our own experiences doing such research in 24
countries. Rather than teaching a specific methodology, we teach a range of
ways  and skill  for getting pivotal information about users in context. This
course has been significantly updated for CHI 2009.  For more information,
check out:
http://www.chi2009.org/Attending/AdvanceProgram/courseC135.htm

If you are in the Boston area and are not planning to attend the entire
conference, you can still attend this course for the one-day registration  fee
($275 for members and nonmembers alike during early registration) plus $25 to
cover the notes.  This is an extremely cost-effective way to attend a course
that can help you get a good grounding so you can do better field research
more quickly – critical in these economically-stressed times.

CHI 2009 has extended early registration to Wednesday, 18 February.

Hope to see you in Boston!

--Susan

Susan M. Dray, Ph.D., CHFP
Dray & Associates, Inc.